Scope of Key Account Management
Strategic Capability for most businesses can no longer be achieved through straightforward product/service differentiation. Sales teams in the modern age need to manage the 20% of customers who drive 80% of profits, in a consultative manner, underpinned by a thorough Account Management process and system. "KAM" is no longer a "fad" or slogan; it is a fundamental success factor for most of today's business models, whether direct to end-user, or via supply chain partners.
Harrison Consulting helps Key Account Managers and sales people to develop the strategies and skills to maintain and grow the business within their Key Accounts, by building trust and commitment to joint action programs, and installing an integrated approach. Taken to their logical extent, the methods covered will effectively lock out the competition.
Key steps in the learning journey include:
- scoping customer expectations
- the strategic role of the Key Account Manager
- setting up the the account information database or CRM
- screening accounts for profitable development
- SWOT analysis (including our innovative “two-way” proprietary version)
- objectives, strategy, tactics, contingency plans, monitoring and control
- business development skills and the "BRAD Meeting" opportunity